JavaScript är inaktiverat i webbläsaren, läs mer här.


In the event of a dispute within the family, it may be advisable to get family counselling in the first instance. If it is not possible to resolve the dispute in another way, the court can determine it.

The municipality is legally liable to offer family counselling. This counselling comprises discussions aimed at working out conflicts within the joint lives of couples and within families.

Contact with the Family Advice Service is voluntary. You will have to take the initiative by contacting them yourself. Anyone who wishes can contact the Family Advice Service anonymously.

What does the court do?

The district court can, for example, determine custody disputes and determine a debt between two parties.

The district court also makes decisions on a number of different matters, for example, concerning adoption and divorce.

Senast ändrad: 2009-11-27

More about the Family Advice Service

Contact the municipality where you live if you want to know more about the Family Advice Service.