JavaScript är inaktiverat i webbläsaren, läs mer här.


A person who has committed a crime may be ordered to pay damages to the victim.

Such damages can relate to compensation for destroyed clothing, a broken tooth, costs for medical care, pain and suffering, or personal violation. The district court's decision on damages will be contained at the beginning of the judgment.

What should I do in order to pay damages?

If the district court decided that you should pay damages, you should pay the damages to the victim (aggrieved party) as soon as possible. The person you should pay damages to can refer to the Enforcement Service and request collection before he/she has demanded payment from you. You risk having a payment default recorded against your name if the matter goes to the enforcement officer. You will also be liable to pay further costs to the enforcement officer. It is consequently important that you pay voluntarily and as soon as possible.

Senast ändrad: 2009-11-27

More information

Read more under the menu 'Damages'.