JavaScript är inaktiverat i webbläsaren, läs mer här.

Legal assistance

If you find yourself involved in a legal dispute and need financial assistance, you should, in the first instance, seek to make use of the legal protection cover under your insurance. Legal protection insurance should help to cover your expenses for legal counsel in disputes relating to your private life.

Legal protection is automatically included in virtually all Swedish home and contents, home, and residential and leisure home insurances and in comprehensive insurance of boats and comprehensive/partial motor car insurance. The cover provided by legal protection is stated in your insurance policy or insurance conditions. Refer to your insurance company if you have any questions. Remember that you may also be insured by your trade union.

You can also get legal assistance from the State in various forms, but if you do not have any insurance with legal protection but should have had, you cannot normally get assistance from the State for costs.

Senast ändrad: 2009-11-27

The courts do not give legal advice

Remember that the courts and the National Courts Administration do not give legal advice.

It is important that the court remains objective and impartial, and we consequently do not explain the application of a certain law or how legal proceedings should be arranged.